OUR COMMITMENT TO
We are committed to the safety and well being of our players and coaching team, therefore we are introducing new safety measures to keep everyone safe whilst still having fun. This is our number one priority as we start to play again.
Getting Back to Playing
We re-opened in phase 4 according to the New York guidelines. In addition to this we also followed US Soccer's recommendations of when small group training could resume.
To ensure player safety we will be reducing the class ratios to 6 players and one coach.
Over the upcoming weeks we will continue to monitor and follow guidelines set out by New York State and US Soccer and will continue to send out updates as they come. In the meantime, please feel free to check back here for up-to-date information about our classes.
We are currently running classes outdoors at Newtown Barge Playground and Ten Eyck Playground. Indoors at The Post BK.
The Post has implemented a number of safety policies to ensure a safe playing environment is provided including; Temperature checks when entering the building, COVID-19 awareness signage, detailed cleaning and sanitizing routine, dedicated entrances for each area of the building and finally operating at 25% capacity.
We follow a strict cleaning and sanitizing protocol to protect against bacteria, including;
- All equipment will be sanitized in between classes
- We will require the coaches to wash or sanitize hands before and after each class
- All players and parents should sanitize hands before class starts
- Hand sanitizer and antibacterial wipes will be available for use
Player and Coach Safety
This is our number 1 priority as we start to play again, therefore we introduced a number of safety measures to keep everyone safe when getting back to playing.
- We are limiting one parent/guardian per soccer player to attend class
- All coaches and staff will be required to wear PPE (face masks)
- Parents will be required to wear a face mask at all time
- All kids above the age of 3yrs MUST wear a mask
- Our Parent Zone will have markers to keep everyone 6ft apart
- We will not utilize bibs/pinnies during class
- The players will play games that will limit contact with each other
- No hands in at the end of class
- Players, parents and coaches to complete a health declaration before each class. This must be completed on the day of play each time you play. It's available to complete online and we will also have a QR code at each location for you to scan and complete on your phone.
Read more about US Soccer's Play On Guidelines here.