4 class term, 35 minutes each week. March 29th - April 26th
No classes on: April 12th
They take place at Bushwick Inlet Park on a outdoor turf field.
Bushwick Inlet Park is the centerpiece of the Greenpoint-Williamsburg Waterfront.
This park incorporates natural and urban structures, bringing Greenpoint's waterfront and natural areas into the community around it. Visitors can admire the views or use the park's facilities for active recreation.
The park includes a multipurpose field for soccer, football, lacrosse, field hockey, rugby, and ultimate frisbee, a green building with a green roof, a viewing platform, playground and public accesss to the waterfront.
Early Spring Outdoor, Bushwick Inlet Park - Sunday 8.40am
4 class term, 40 minutes each week. March 31st - April 28th
No classes on: April 21st
Classes are built around play and games disguising the learning aspect. This format encourages more engagement from the class resulting in better participation.
Soccer skills they will develop
- Start to develop a range of kicking
- Slow directional dribbling and control
- Enjoy scoring goals
- Weather - With the classes being outdoors we will be subject to changing weather conditions. We aim to run the classes rain or shine, however there will be occasions where it is just not possible to run the classes safely. In the event of torrential rain, a polar vortex (or similar) we will likely cancel the class. If this happens we will email all participants and also update the 'Weather' page on the website 1-2 hours before the due start time. For classes that are cancelled by Williamsburg Soccer Club we will offer a make up class (subject to availability) or a credit towards the next term. If you choose not to attend one of the classes that we deem fit to run, there will be no refund or credit given. Williamsburg Soccer Club also reserve the right to cancel classes due to adverse weather conditions at any point in time, including while class is in progress as the safety of the participants and staff are our number 1 priority.
- Clothing/water - Wear weather appropriate clothing for the outdoor classes and bring a bottle of water. There are water fountains at BIP, however should they not be working it's best to be prepared.
- Sunscreen - we will have sunscreen availbale for use, however this must be applied by the parents/carers/guardians before the class starts as we are unaware of any potential allergies.
- Toilet breaks - There are public toilets at BIP available for use, however they are at the other end of the field so make sure you use them on the way to class. If a toilet break is needed mid class, the parent/carer/guardian will be responsible for taking the player.
- Parent attendance required (not drop off) - Please note the outdoor classes are not drop off classes. Parents/carers/guardians will be required to stay for the duration of the class.