Developmental league for Under 7's, is aimed at those who have been with us for multiple terms or have played elsewhere and already have a good knowledge of the basics. This class will build on the basic skills learned so far and aims to develop them further. Please don't register for this class if it's your first time playing soccer.
8 class term, 1hr 15minutes each week. September 8th - November 3rd
This is our longest class in terms of duration (1hr, 15min) and is designed to give the kids more game time action. It’s a great next step or addition to the regular practice where they can put the skills learned into action on the field in game/scrimmage situations.
15-20 mins warm up and practice
5 min break and team formation
3-4 players per team, and 3-4 teams being formed to allow for rest and rotation
50 mins of round robin games
Teams change each week so all players get to play with others
Put skills learned in classes into practice
They take place at Newton Barge Park on a outdoor turf field.
The park is located at the triangular tip intersection of Commercial and Dupont streets on the northwestern corner of the Greenpoint neighborhood. The recently-completed park features an artificial turf sports field, lawn, and shoreline walkway.
Under 7's - Sunday 12.30pm
8 class term, 1hr 15 minutes each week. September 8th - November 3rd
Classes are built around play and games disguising the learning aspect. This format encourages more engagement from the class resulting in better participation.
Soccer skills they will develop
- Develop good directional kicking and strong striking
- Control and trap moving balls
- Develop directional dribbling under control
- Weather - With the classes being outdoors we will be subject to changing weather conditions. We aim to run the classes rain or shine, however there will be occasions where it is just not possible to run the classes safely. In the event of torrential rain, a polar vortex (or similar) we will likely cancel the class. If this happens we will email all participants and also update the 'Weather' page on the website 1-2 hours before the due start time. For classes that are cancelled by Williamsburg Soccer Club we will offer a make up class (subject to availability) or a credit towards the next term. If you choose not to attend one of the classes that we deem fit to run, there will be no refund or credit given. Williamsburg Soccer Club also reserve the right to cancel classes due to adverse weather conditions at any point in time, including while class is in progress as the safety of the participants and staff are our number 1 priority.
- Clothing/water - Wear weather appropriate clothing for the outdoor classes and bring a bottle of water.
- Sunscreen - we will have sunscreen availbale for use, however this must be applied by the parents/carers/guardians before the class starts as we are unaware of any potential allergies.
- Toilet breaks - There are public toilets available for use, however they are at the other end of the field so make sure you use them on the way to class. If a toilet break is needed mid class, the parent/carer/guardian will be responsible for taking the player.
- Parent attendance required (not drop off) - Please note the outdoor classes are not drop off classes. Parents/carers/guardians will be required to stay for the duration of the class.